HELD'S COMMITMENT TO OUR PRODUCTS
We are committed to the long-term production of quality products at the highest level. With our products we strive to improve the conditions for motorcyclists in everyday motorcycling and leisure life and support the fun of motorcycling, but always with the aim of offering the greatest possible physical protection. Read below to learn about the innovations and technologies we use to bring you the best possible products.
Held brings light into the darkness with the HLS technology! The retrofittable Held Light System (HLS) is the latest development from Held to make motorcycling even safer.
- Actively illuminated LED system to ensure that motorcyclists can be seen more easily during darkness and when visibility is poor
- High quality OSRAM light sources emitting white light at the front and red light at the back
- Any off-the-shelf chargeable battery pack connected via USB can be used as a power source
- Around 7 hour run time with 4,000 mAh battery
The unique microfibers of 3M™Thinsulate™ Insulation are about ten times smaller than the fibers of other synthetic insulations, which means they’re much more efficient at trapping air… and much more effective at keeping you warm. This means clothing insulation without unnecessary weight or bulk:
- ideal heat insulation
- more freedom of movement
- maximum comfort
Phase-change material originally developed to protect astronauts against extreme fluctuations in temperature. Millions of microcapsules absorb the heat generated through exertion or increased external temperature to keep you cool, the stored energy is released when you need to warm up. A comfortable temperature is ensured. Outlast® reduces the production of sweat and overheating of the body.
Safety made very special foam. The visco elastic PU-foam from SAS-TEC® consist of renewable “green” raw materials. This special material has excellent response characteristic on impact, low weight, high comfort, and excellent, almost linier energy absorption, and therefore body compatible energy-reduction at impact.
Further more, the special microstructure of the SAS-TEC® foam ensures an adapted damping performance: the higher the impact-speed, the bigger the resistance of the foam guaranteeing the best possible Impact protection for your body.
A revolutionary technique from W.L. Gore & Associates that ensures a sensitive grip feeling and optimal comfort for the hands. This robust new membrane used in the GORE-TEXGrip technology makes it possible to eliminate multiple layers used in traditional gloves.
GORE-TEX 2IN1 WINTER TECHNOLOGY - GLOVES
- Ideal comfort in different conditions, whether cold, rain or snow
- Ideal protection against rain, durable waterproof, draft-proof and highly breathableGORE-TEX technology
- High tactility in the “grip” chamber
GORE-TEX 2IN1 SUMMER TECHNOLOGY - GLOVES
- Optimum comfort in different weather conditions, whether in rain or sun
- Optimum protection against moisture when using the moisture chamber or ultimate breathability and comfort for riding in high temperatures when using the grip chamber
- Durable waterproof, windproof and highly breathable in the dry chamber
- High tactility and ventilation in the grip chamber
Ideal in cool and cold conditions, GORE-TEX gloves will be permanently waterproof and breathable.
- Reliable waterproof means bad weather is no longer a barrier
- High breathability means moisture can evaporate from the glove, keeping your hands warmer for longer
OVER & UNDER
We designed a detachable GORE-TEX membrane, which can be worn under or over the main garment. Just detach the Membrane liner from the garment and put it back on over your jacket or trousers.
- Worn under the base combination, the membrane acts as a windbreaker and keeps the body warm. Ideal in dry, cool or changing conditions.
- In prolonged or heavy rain, put the membrane on top and this will keep the base combination clean and dry, and the body warm.
- If conditions are dry and warm, the membrane does not need to be worn. The body is optimally ventilated and cooled by the airstream.
When the going gets tough, GORE-TEX Pro products are the best solution for meeting the demands of professional riders and serious enthusiasts alike.
The GORE-TEX Pro triple-layer construction has essential, comfortable advantages such as:
- Better breathability as there are no additional air cells
- No increase of weight from water/rain absorption
- Fast drying
GORE-TEX3-Layer Technology is an extremely light, space-saving material which packs down far smaller than traditional GORE-Tex membraned clothing. This allows the garment to be stowed easily in a tank bag, rucksack or bag.
The essential comfort advantages:
- The separate 3-Layer GORE-TEX jacket/pants can be worn over or under the outer-jacket/-pants. When wearing over, the outer jacket/pants are protected against wet and dirt
- Fast reaction to sudden change in weather as the 3-Layer GORE-TEX jacket/pants can be dressed easily over the outer clothing
- Direct ventilation of the body when using the outer jacket/pants solo
Powerful magnets are combined with a specially developed anti-slide mat. Together it’s a universal, highly usable fixing system ideal for short trip and long tours. Quick and easy attaching and detaching system via extra strong magnets for extremely convenient use.
A system for bikes without a tank ring fuel filler cap and non-metal tanks. With it’s uncomplicated attaching and detaching via the Velcro-system, your luggage can be fixed without any straps.
A universal and quick fixing system for leather saddle bags. The click board guarantees secure attachment, and the separator bracket protects the bag against contact with wheel or exhaust.
A universal fixing option for special tank models or the long-term fixing of rear bags. Secure fix via a strap fixing applied at the tank or under the seat.
With its functionality and effectiveness proven over 30 years of manufacturing and use, this system will not fail you even at high speeds.
Wearing the same apparel on hot summer days as in the transition period with single-digit temperatures? Not a problem with the Held Clip-in technology.
- Clip-in technology extends the functionality and application range of your motorcycle apparel
- Uncomplicated, easy installation into the base garment with press studs
- Blue color scheme for easy identification
- Clip-in jacket and pants can also be used separately as leisure wear
KANGAROO HIDE LEATHER
Many of the existing 48 species of kangaroo are protected. However the unchecked reproduction of the largest breed(called “marcropus giganteus”), has become a big problem and culling is therefore allowed under the supervision of the Australian government. Our kangaroo leather is with a special coloration absolutely color-fast and with it‘s special tanning extremely resistant against humidity and sweat.
Normal leather becomes hard and crumbly and shrinks when getting wet or via sweat. Kangaroos only sweat through their tail and tongue, so there are no pores in their hide which is good for the structure of fiber. While the structure of cow leather gets loose, the structure of kangaroo leather stays fixed. Additionally, the fiber structure of kangaroo leather is more intense geared than the structure of cow leather.
STING RAY SKIN LEATHER
Highly abrasion resistant stingray skin with impact absorbing gel are put under the ball of the thumb and knuckles. It is gliding and protects against fraying ensuring outstanding durability
A mix of 32% polyester and 68% epoxy resin creates a super-tough material which offers full flexibility as well as extremely high cut and abrasion resistance.Held uses Superfabric® to reinforce crash zones on certain garments and gloves.